Editing the automation's in Tudodesk should be done with care. If you are not familiar with email template engines we suggest you contact support and we will make any edits for you. If you simply want to edit the wording language in emails, ensure you keep the template tags <%=org.name%> in tact.
Of you need help contact [email protected]
- Navigate to the board view by clicking the 'boards' icon within the navigation bar.
- Select the desired board (i.e Tickets)
- Click the 'Show Menu' button to reveal the 'Board Menu.'
- Select the 'Automated events option'
- Select the desired automation from the list
You are now presented with the automation editor screen where you can edit the settings that control the email message that is being sent when the event triggers.
Editing email message settings
After you have edited the settings of the email, be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the page.
An an event can trigger one email or a series of emails (a story) that fire one after the other at pre-determined delays. We call this a "drip".
Tudodesk has three ways to control how emails in a story are scheduled:
- Single Email
A group of emails that are dripped one after the other using a timed schedule and order.
Works like a campaign but execution is halted if the triggering event holds no longer true
Series this is used for:
- Sending estimate follow-ups - If the customer rejects or accepts the order the "automated" follow-up emails are halted
- Sending invoice payment reminders - If the customer makes payment the auto-reminders are halted.
Campaigns are used for:
- When a form submission is made you may want to send a story of emails that tell the customer more about your business and products. In this scenario you would want the story to execute when the form is submitted but to continue regardless of what happens next.
You can choose which "opt-in" group the receiver must have rights to in-order to receive the message. Most automated email should be set to "Transaction email" group.
- Transaction email (Invoices, Estimates, Notifications, Updates etc)
- Marketing email
The basic settings of an email:
Who will receive the email (Normally set to 'Client')
Who the email will be sent from. Normally set to agent, but may also be the organisation or the domain owner.
Should be set to 'Ticket' this will route any reply back to the document/ticket that the message was triggered from.
How long before the email should be sent (1 min - 7 days)
The message subject line
The message body (template tags an be used to insert active fields from the document)
Include CTA (Call-to-action)
Leave blank or enter a full URL path or #document to link to the customer portal.
CTA button text
The text for the CTA button ("Open Estimate").
You can append attachments to the email message:
- A PDF copy of the document that triggered the event - for example a PDF of an invoice
- File attachments. Any files or images that are added as attachments to the document that triggered the event.