- Tudodesk back-office (Browser)
What's this for?
- Sometimes when you send a customer an estimate or a quote, they may request a variation or revision.
- When you need to give the customer multiple variations on an estimate.
What you should know
- If you edit an existing estimate when a customer requests a variation or change of price, any current details are over-written and lost.
- If you want to keep track of the changes you make, you should create a sub-document or copy of the Estimate. This will keep the current Estimate and number intact, creating a new duplicate estimate to edit and make changes.
- Locate the Estimate you want to revise.
- Scroll down to the Sub documents section.
- Click Create in the subdocuments menu bar.
- Select the document type from the side menu. In this example, it will be Estimate.
- Confirm the necessary document details in the modal shown. You should select any attachments shown to ensure they are copied. You may want to edit the title; for example, add the word (revision)
- Click Create.
- When the new Estimate opens, you can proceed and edit your changes to create the revision.
- Send the Estimate to the customer in the usual way.